Monday, December 19, 2011

Tagging along, part 1

So today . . . I second shot my first wedding! Well, sort of...

About a month ago, my daughter the super awesome wedding photographer, asked me if I wanted to travel to the San Francisco bay area this weekend with her. I said yesyesyesofcourseidoyes!!!! And so here I am.

On the way up, Diandra asked if I wanted to help her during the wedding. I said yesyesofcourseidoyes!!! But, since I'm not a photographer, I didn't know how much help I would be. Once we got started though, I found that there were a lot of things I could do. I ran errands. I held things. I fetched and carried. And I took a few pictures too... With diandra's new iphone4s!

I had to be a little sneaky, because I didn't want people to think the wedding photos were being taken with a phone! But whenever I get to go with Diandra on a photo shoot, I love taking pictures of her taking pictures. So I did! And the bride and groom were so cute that I couldn't help taking some of them too. And I was going to post some of my pretty great shots, but I'm blogging on my iPad and can't figure out how to add photos. And it is now 1:46 a.m. and we have to get up EARLY tomorrow and drive home. Well actually, I won't be going home-Diandra will take me directly to lax because I am flying to Portland for Christmas tomorrow!

And so, while today was loooong, it was wonderful too! I love going to weddings with Diandra. She is super awesome and so good at what she does. It makes me so proud to watch her capture the beauty and emotions of such an important day for people. And rumor has it that I might get the opportunity to go with her again...

1 comment:

Carroll said...

Just maybe this could work out for you as a new career? Now wouldn't that be fun? No snotty noses, no whinning kids, etc. Think about it. The possibilities are endless. As Diandra's business grows, she'll need a second shooter or a go, fetch, do, person. Sounds like a winner to me. Glad you had such a good time.