Wednesday, December 31, 2008

so today . . . is new year's eve. i had a kind of funny blog percolating about my nightmare at the grocery store today, but i need a certain irritated energy to write about what happened, and since then i have had a great dinner (which i did not have to prepare) and watched a cute movie. so i'm feeling a bit calmer now, and it just isn't coming to me. i guess i'll have to write something else.

2008 was a roller coaster year for me. i had some really wonderful times (like our anniversary cruise, a visit from an out of town friend, a road trip with diandra, getting used to my "new" car,) some not so wonderful times (rollie's broken finger and subsequent surgeries, wondering if i would have a job in september as my class size decreased, ongoing health issues,) and some really terrible times (i'm not even going to list them!) really, i guess that is just the way life is most of the time--some good, some bad, a lot of just "normal." it just seemed this year like we were living in extremes--really, really good or really, really bad. but i hope that when we look back on 2008, what we will remember is how we were together through it all, how we helped each other to laugh and to cry and to keep going (because there were times when we wanted to leave it all and move to australia!) i have the BEST family! my mom and dad, who are still going strong in their seventies--my husband who surprises me by bringing a soda to me at work, AND THEN gives me a brownie too, AND THEN tells me he just took my car to be washed AND waxed, and all on his day off--my daughter who has the most beautiful smile in the world, and is one of the smartest, bravest, funniest people i know. i hope 2009 is going to be a better year for all of us!

No comments: