Monday, January 3, 2011

the promise of sunshine :)

so today . . . it rained. again.

i know you are probably getting tired of hearing me whine about the rain, especially if you live someplace where you are buried by snow! but seriously, enough is enough...

the ground is waterlogged. my car is a mess. i am forced to wear my big puffy coat (because it has a hood.) the parking lot at school is one big puddle. we can't go outside to play at recess. i can't walk the dogs (ok, ok, i know i haven't been walking them lately anyway, but that was one of my new year's resolutions and it is just not happening in the rain!) the pups don't even want to go out! all this rain is just not normal!

but there is good news! i just checked the weather on my phone, and it looks like things are clearing up. no more rain is in the forecast until january 17th! by my calculations, that means two weeks of sunshine!! the ground will dry out. the dogs will want to walk. the big puffy coat can go back into the hall closet. life will return to normal...

and so, to celebrate the promise of sunshine, i am thinking that perhaps tomorrow i should take my car to the car wash. with the top down. just because i can :)

1 comment:

mom said...

Of course the rain is stopping there. It is scheduled to begin here tomorrow. It has been very cold but sunny the last few days. It is 9:30 here and still
27 degrees. Waiting for it to warm up so I can make a dreaded run to Costco. Enjoy the sunshine again....