Monday, October 12, 2009

i have a several track brain, and it still isn't enough . . .

so today . . . i am swamped yet again. i'll bet you are getting tired of reading that . . .

fall is such a busy time of year, and my october is just crazy! i have another different classroom configuration to deal with (which means writing lesson plans again.) i'm trying to go to the gym at least three times a week (which did not happen last week.) i have band issues (yeah, some days those 17 year old boys could just leave their attitudes at home.) i'm trying to help diandra with photography business trivia (which is hard when i don't really understand how to use my computer data base, and i can't find the answers to my questions, and there is no time to try to learn something new!!) we have a retreat coming up in two weeks (which is generating a lot of work for me.) and there is still laundry to do and garbage to put out and bathrooms to clean . . .

and blogs to write.

usually blogging is one of my favorite parts of my day. but not lately. lately i am scrambling for something to write about. i'm sure you have noticed--my subject matter hasn't been all that scintillating recently. it's because even though my brain is always clicking along, it has a lot to keep track of right now, which doesn't leave much space for it to think in bloggy ways.

usually as my day progresses, something will happen that will get me thinking bloggy thoughts. but now, things happen during the day, and i barely notice. my brain is busy making lists of people to call, emails to send, things to check up on, stuff i need to do, and worrying about all the details that i am sure i am forgetting about that will come back to bite me! in fact, there have been a couple of days where i have actually forgotten to blog! that's how crowded and distracted my brain is right now.

so for the next couple of weeks, my blogs may be few and far between. i think maybe there are days when i just shouldn't write. again, my purpose here is to write things that make you laugh or think, and whining about how i am drowning doesn't do either of those things. so i'll try to keep a small portion of my brain open for blogging business, but if i don't blog for a couple of days, don't panic! it doesn't mean i'm sick or rollie is in the hospital. it just means the blogger portion of my brain won't come out and play.

1 comment:

Mom said...

It's called "overload". The answer is the word "no". I know this isn't helpful.....