Wednesday, January 6, 2010

a new feature debuts!

so today . . . i was going to write "doggie children vs human children--the controversy continues," in order to resurrect the wonderful relationship i have with my daughter (the human one, not the doggie one.) but now that is going to have to wait until tomorrow, because i want to highlight a new feature of my blog.

today i enjoyed reading the comments on my most recent blog. they made me laugh out loud. but the one that caught my immediate attention was albert's, when he said "blogspot needs to have a 'like' feature." and that got me to thinking . . .

i really enjoy reading your comments, and i kind of wish you all would comment more! but i understand the different reasons that you sometimes don't--you don't know what to say, you don't want other people commenting on your comments, you don't want your name and picture out there, you are in a hurry, you can't figure out how to do it . . .

BUT, if you could leave a reaction anonymously with just a click of your mouse, THEN would you do it? i hope so, because i have added a feature called "reactions" to my blog. you will find it at the end of each blog--even the old ones! so after you read the blog, you have three choices--loved it, hmmm . . . , or huh?

if you loved the blog or it made you laugh, just click on "loved it." if it made you think, click on "hmmm" (that's a thinking noise.) and if you just don't get it and you think i must live on another planet and your thought bubble says, "that's five minutes i will never get back," then click "huh?"

if everyone who reads will click on one of the choices, then i will know how many people are reading each day--which isn't really important, but it is fun to know. and if you want to explain your reaction, you can still comment. and i hope you will, because reading your comments is one of my favorite parts of the day!

i'm kind of excited about this. i am also interested in your feedback about the three reactions i chose--i would have liked to have more, but with my current layout there was only room for three. hopefully in the future i can add a couple more. so i am looking for input.

thanks albert, for the idea! now the rest of you--start clicking!! and check back tomorrow for the "making it up to diandra" blog . . . i guess i'd better go digitize some pictures . . . because she will notice if i posted more pics of the dogs than i do of her.

4 comments:

Albert said...

ok. of course I have to love it!! a whole entire blog just based on my idea (well, my idea that i stole from facebook and repeated to you)..

dont be offended when I vote huh's on the gem stone blogs!! =)

mom said...

A great idea..Solves my problem..

Unknown said...

I don't always remember to come every day. So I read quite a few days at once. Will it know if I accidentally vote more than once?

Jewelielyn said...

i don't think it will know. but that's ok--read, and click away!