Friday, January 22, 2010

storm watch. 2010. day 5.

so today . . . is supposed to be the last day of this big storm. thank goodness!!

i'm tired of my umbrella. i'm tired of my "ugg" boots. i'm tired of mia quivering in my lap. i'm tired of rollie snapping the furry end of the tie on my hood at me (even though he has only done it twice.) i'm tired of the rain . . .

all i want to do is sleep--curl up in front of the fire with my book and my blanket and sleep. which i could do tomorrow, but tomorrow the sun is supposed to shine . . .

i will be glad for our sunshine's return home, but if only it had waited one more day . . . i would have loved to have a lazy, cozy day on the couch watching the storm.

this is purely selfish. i know there are couples planning to get married, people with disneyland tickets to use, and vendors with stuff to sell at the orange county swap meet--all of whom would like tomorrow to be a lovely, sunny day. and luckily for them, it is supposed to be nice.

but curling up in front of the fire with my book and my blanket is not quite the same when the sun is shining.

perhaps i should start working on a new plan . . .

1 comment:

mom said...

Move back to Oregon. You could do this most days whether you wanted to or not.....