Thursday, February 11, 2010

another night on the internet

so today . . . i spent the evening reading blogs. again.

i started out just checking out new design scheme ideas for my blog, but i kept getting sucked into reading the posts instead of just looking at the layouts, design elements, and color combinations. i read a lot of blogs.

it is actually kind of interesting what people will post for the whole world to read. i am always conscious of that when i am blogging. sometimes i start to write something, but then i hear my mom saying, "i can't believe she is writing that on the internet," and i stop. usually. but let me tell you, the stuff i write is mild in comparison to some of what is out there! i know way more about some people's personal lives, who i don't even know, than i want to know about my own friends and families lives! and yet, i can't stop reading. thank goodness they can only fit a few blogs onto the page before it has to reset--otherwise who knows when i would stop . . .

tonight i seemed to mostly run across blogs written by moms--about their kids. really, you can only read so much of that about people you don't know before your eyes start to roll into the back of your head. yes, they are all cute--or at least their moms think they are. yes, they all say funny things--or at least their moms think they do. and i'm sure their friends and families anxiously await each new post, but since i am around little kids all day long, this kind of reading is not so entertaining for me. however, i am glad to see so many moms blogging about their kids. i feel like i have forgotten so many of the random, miscellaneous cute things that diandra said or did when she was small, that i wish blogging had been an option then. even now, sometimes when i am reading my old blogs, i will think, "oh yeah, i forgot about that." so blogging isn't just for fun--it is also a memory aid!

but in all of that reading, i did find one blog that i may start following. sometimes the blogger sounds kind of like me. she has three dogs (i know, i only have two, but still . . . ) who plot against her, and she is a good storyteller. the blog that hooked me was about when she got trapped in a car wash and the result of trying to get out--it sounded like something that could have happened to me! i'm not sure i am hooked enough to follow her yet--i am not one of those people who says, "oh yeah, i want to follow your blog . . . " and then abandons it in a few weeks when it doesn't interest me any more. so i am going to check in on it for a month or so. if i decide to follow it, i'll let you know. because you might like it too.

but that is the reason i'm not blogging tonight. i spent too much time running around blogspot, and now i am tired. and tomorrow is valentine's day at school, which means a room full of excited kids further hyped up by "fruit" juice and cupcakes. so i'm headed for bed. i need my rest . . .

1 comment:

mom said...

Just what I needed to know, that I can get caught in a car wash. I have pondered what I would if i was caught in a car wash and since I never knew of one getting caught, i had given up looking for a resolution. Guess I better start thinking again......