Sunday, February 15, 2009

happy birthday to meee!

so today . . . is my birthday!

when i got up, rollie had already gone to the church. but he left me one of those cards that plays music (it got my head boppin') and my third bag of dark chocolate m&m's (no wonder there was only one bag left at target the other day.)

then, just before i left for church, diandra came down to wish me happy birthday. and while hugging me she said, "i'm glad you are one year older and not dead!" she is finally embracing my birthday motto of "it's better than being dead!"

one friend brought me flowers, and another brought me a very chocolatey cake--yum yum.
some of the teens threatened to sing happy birthday to me during church, but thankfully they apparently believed my threats of banning them from the band if that were to happen. then one of them asked me how old i was, and i said i was old enough not to have to count anymore!

my mom and dad called me. rollie took me to lunch, and diandra took me to the mall.

i received many happy birthday wishes on facebook. i know facebook isn't a real place, but the people who inhabit it are real and they remembered that today was my birthday. (ok, maybe they didn't remember, but facebook reminded them. it still counts!)

as i get older, my birthdays are not such a big deal. it doesn't matter what we do. it doesn't matter how old i am. it doesn't matter if there is cake (although it's nice when there is!) even the presents, which i still love, are not as important to the day as they used to be. what matters most to me is being with my family and knowing that there are people who care. and today that happened. i had a great birthday . . .

and here is a comic that was in the paper, today on my birthday. i hope you can read it, because it made all of us laugh right out loud! (the dad alligator has an accent--thus six becomes seex.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmm....are your bangs perfect? I think not! Love ya Miller! :)