Monday, February 16, 2009

my fiftieth post

so today . . . is my 50th blog post. wow! i am kind of impressed with myself . . .

most days i really enjoy writing, but there are those days where i get started late, or i can't think of anything to write about, or i am just too tired to think about writing. and then i think about how i feel when i go to check the blogs i read and there aren't any new posts--it is disappointing, and i feel a little bit like, "well what am i going to do now? i had planned to spend the next five minutes reading about diandra's teens, or looking at jasmine's lovely photos, or catching up on what is happening with my other friends and family, but there's nothing new to read." i know that the bloggers i follow don't write every day, but still, when NONE of them have a new blog, i miss it. so i try to write something every day.

it is fun to put down my thoughts. but i have discovered that i also really enjoy reading the comments on my blogs--even my friend wendy's comment of "you're pathetic," which is what she says since i can't see her rolling her eyes at my insights. (don't worry about my feelings--it's how she shows love!) my blogs tell you what i think, and your comments let me know what you think. and it tells me that people are reading.

i spent a good part of my rainy saturday this weekend catching up on the blog of a friend of mine. she lives in seattle and loves to garden and knit and cook, and she raises a lot of her own food. we were best friends when we were kids, but as adults our lives are very different from each other. yet i found her blog to be interesting reading, and it helped me to get to know who she has become. as i read her blog, i found myself thinking of what a nice life she has created. at first i just read the entries, but after reading a few months of blogs, i found myself commenting--i couldn't just read, i wanted to respond. i think that is a sign of a good blog. a good blog makes you think about something, and you want to let the writer in on what you are thinking.

so since this is my 50th blog, if you have never left a comment before i am going to ask you to leave one. i am curious about who is reading and what you think.

and as for my friend lisa, your blog gave me a cozy afternoon of reading in front of the fire while the uncharacteristic rain pounded outside. i hope you got my comments. and keep on blogging!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Julie,
I have just recently started reading your blog, and I LOVE it. Makes me feel so connected to you and your life. And thank you for loving my brother like you do!

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie,
Thanks for the blogs! They are a highlight for me. Sometimes I don't get to them every day.....but almost, and can always catch up.

Joanne

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie,
I have just started reading recently. I have been reading blogs of some people for 12 years now. I tend to be a pretty loyal reader who seldom comments.

Sherry