Saturday, February 14, 2009

i got the best one!

so today . . . is valentine's day, and i really wanted to blog about my favorite guy, my husband rollie. but i am having a difficult time "using my words" to say what i want to say. i wanted this to be a very special blog, choosing just the right words so that you would all understand just how wonderful he is. but my creativity is not flowing . . .

so in the absence of clever thoughts, i am just going to make a list of some of his best qualities. please understand that this list is not comprehensive--it just lists the things that are on my mind today . . .

1. he never forgets an important date--and even though my birthday is the day after valentine's day, in our family they are two separate celebrations
2. he is funny--ok, sometimes goofy, but i can't help but laugh anyway
3. he is smart--and clever and wise
4. he likes to read--and i don't think he ever forgets anything that he reads (see #3)
5. he loves dogs--which works out well since i don't think i can be happy without a dog in the house
6. he watches reality tv with me--and pauses it when i feel the need to discuss people's stupid choices!
7. he picks up after himself--in 30 years, i don't think i have ever had to pick up any of his stuff!
8. he is trustworthy--i know he always has my back
9. he only wears white or black socks--which makes folding the laundry much, much easier
10. he pays the bills--so i don't have to
11. he will watch girly movies--and pretends he doesn't notice if i cry (which hardly ever happens anyway)
12. he does the right thing--always, even if it is hard
13. he is generous--especially with me, but not just with me
14. he works hard
15. he is an electronics savant--i don't know how he magically fixes my electronics, i am just glad he can.
16. he brings me flowers (or diet pepsi) just because he is thinking of me
17. he washes my car--well, technically he takes it to be washed, but the result is the same. and one time when he brought it back, he had put new sunshades in the windshield that looked like the beach!
18. he always starts the day out happy--which can be really annoying to a person (who me?) who generally wakes up cranky.
19. he is cute--well, he is.
20. he loves me--always and forever, no matter what

he is a great guy, and i couldn't have chosen a better husband. happy valentine's day! now go tell your special someone what you love about them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Babe. I Love You! I'm glad God brought you into my life.