Friday, February 20, 2009

i scream, you scream . . .

so today . . . i sat down to write my blog and thought, "it's friday night--i need ice cream." i don't keep ice cream in the freezer, because that would be too easy. so if i want ice cream, i have to get in the car and go get it, which usually keeps me on the straight and narrow--but not tonight.

tonight i got in my car and headed out. the weather was beautiful today and the top was already down on the car, so i just left it down and cranked up the heat! i drove about a block and realized i needed music blaring from the stereo, but in a rare moment of organization i had put all the cds away in their compartment (which is kind of behind me.) i pulled over to the curb (just for you, mom, because i know you worry about my multi-tasking while i drive) to safely remove a cd and put it in the player. and then i continued in search of ice cream.

it was a little after 9:00 p.m., but that was no problem. within about two miles from my house i can choose dairy queen, yogurtland, or cold stone creamery to satisfy my craving. plus chic-fil-a, wienerschnitzel, and el pollo loco also serve ice cream. given all those choices, my personal favorite is the stuff at el pollo loco. i don't know what is in it (it is probably all artificial plastics) but it is so smooth and creamy . . .

since it was such a nice night, i decided to go through the drive through rather than park and go inside. i don't know what the people ahead of me ordered, but i was afraid my ice cream would be melted before i got to the window! this ice cream is soft and melts quickly, so i had to turn off the heat on the way home, but thankfully my sweatshirt kept me warm.

then for the best part--after i got home, i added dark chocolate m&m's! yum! they get so cold and crunchy when mixed into the ice cream. and the very best part? i still had valentine colored m&m's to use, and you know how i feel about those!

i only ate half of the ice cream and put the rest in the freezer for tomorrow. but then i decided i needed a photo for the blog, so i had to add m&m's to the saved portion for the picture. and once i had added the m&m's, i had no choice but to eat the rest . . .

i love friday nights!

No comments: