Monday, February 23, 2009

no brain, no title . . .

so today . . . i woke up with a killer headache! maybe it was the result of all that crankiness yesterday--i don't know, but it was pretty awful. i drugged myself and dragged myself off to school. thankfully i only live about a mile from where i work, so there wasn't much driving involved. it was pretty quiet when i arrived, but as the kids started filling the room, the noise level rose. it was my turn to do music, and i thought music time might kill me--all that noise and jumping around! but ms. martha said she would do it for me. i agreed to do chapel for her tomorrow in return. (i would have probably given her my car if she had asked! i'm glad she didn't think of that . . . )

so i got through the morning. but by the end of it, i was just kind of coasting with the noise of the children swirling around me. as we were serving lunch, ms. joy asked me about how i was feeling.

you know how sometimes adults talk over the heads of children thinking that the kids are probably too involved in their own stuff to be listening? well, believe me, they are listening! when i replied to joy that all the noise was just a cacophony in my head, one of the children looked up at me and said, "there's coffee in your head?" it made me laugh, even though the laughing made my head hurt even more . . .

i think i need some sunshine. this weather is about to do me in . . .

No comments: