Monday, March 16, 2009

my first video blog (i hope!)

so today . . . i'm going to try to do something a little bit different.

my new computer has a built in webcam. (i guess i should stop calling it my new computer, now that i have had it almost three months!) i don't use it very often, because, well i can't figure out how my mom can see me on it live, and who else would want to? but for me, it is a cool, new gadget, and so sometimes i play with it.

i have mentioned joshua several times in my blog. he is one of the funniest kids i have ever had in my class. and because i only have two students now (although i am in a classroom with 15,) i get lots of one on one time with each one. not only do i have more opportunities to talk with them, but i get to hear the conversations they have with each other--which can be hysterical.

the other day we had a few minutes to kill, so we turned the camera on. joshua is fascinated with my computer and always wants to play on it--which i never let him do, because i don't have any games. (but he managed to make one up anyway.)

this was just totally random--no purpose or plan--just joshua watching himself on my computer. my other student, jonathan, lurks in the background and is the one who brings me a book to look at. the video is about three minutes long. you just get glimpses of joshua's personality, because he is kind of focused on looking at himself and the computer.

(ok, i just previewed this post, and for some reason the audio is behine the video. i'm going to leave it on here anyway, because it is kind of fun, but i won't be posting too many videos if this is what happens.)

there are moments when i just love my job, and this was one of them! one of these days i am going to capture him telling me a story--THAT will be entertaining!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so cool. i didnt know you can talk without moving your mouth. you look like a old japanese godzilla movie with english translations.

Anonymous said...

If you and your mom get msn messenger it's super easy to see each other and talk to each other at the same time! Sarah and I like to do it! You and I could do it too! Cute kid!

Jewelielyn said...

well, albert, teachers have all sorts of special powers--including, but not limited to--talking without moving our mouths . . .

Jewelielyn said...

hey wendy, maybe you should email me those instructions--although if we see each other more often, we might lose the mystery . . .