Friday, March 13, 2009

yesterday, part 2

so today . . . has been difficult. again.

everybody has difficult days sometimes--i'm just having a few in a row. it has happened before, and i'm sure it will happen again. i'm not going to write about the difficulties though, because that won't help the situations--it will just be a depressing read for you.

so here's what i did. i sat on the couch and watched mindless tv for a little bit. then i put m&m's in my purse, got in my car, put the top down, cranked the stereo up, and headed to wal-mart. but first, i made a stop at el pollo loco for ice cream (that's what the m&m's were for.) i sat in the sunshine eating my ice cream and reading. it sounds perfectly idyllic, and it was (except for the noise from the freeway . . . )

then i went on to wal-mart to look for eyeglasses. it's time for new ones, and i am having a terrible time finding any i like that don't cost hundreds and hundreds of dollars. i've looked at target, costco, sears, and j.c. penney. i was hoping to walk into wal-mart and find what the perfect pair. but that didn't happen.

i needed to keep on driving. so i went on to the skechers shoe warehouse. i love skechers! they are the most comfortable shoes EVER, and the warehouse store is really big. i already have a white pair, a brown pair, a gold pair, a charcoal pair, and a gray pair. what i really want is red, but i don't think they make any in red right now. so then i looked for navy. but still, no luck.

my day was not getting better. although, i have to say, just driving around in my car in the sunshine does lift my spirits . . .

it was getting late, and i needed to walk the dogs. i'm not really enjoying that activity yet, but again, i know it will get better. it WAS a beautiful day, and i was glad to have an excuse to be outside.

so. that was my day. not all that exciting, i know. but i survived. and now it is the weekend.

i had high hopes for my weekend, but i have amended my plans. now i think it will pretty much consist of doing laundry and hanging out on the couch. i'll probably also walk the dogs, because we are working on milo's fat rolls, but i think that will be the extent of my physical exertion for the next couple of days. hopefully by monday i will be back to my usual (hopefully) entertaining self.

and now, off to bed . . . i can barely keep my eyes open.

No comments: