Saturday, April 4, 2009

AAGGHHHH! summer's coming . . .

so today . . . nothing happened to me. i have nothing to blog.

this horrifies me! surely i am more interesting than that. can't i think of anything to say unless i am interacting with other people?!? and now that's got me thinking "what am i going to blog about all summer?!?!" it's beginning to worry me . . .

you see, i spend a lot of time by myself in the summer, because of course rollie is at work all day. i sleep in, do stuff around the house, read, play my computer, sit outside. usually i am pretty busy doing the big tasks i don't have time to do during the school year, but in a relaxed sort of way. and all by myself. because who else can help me clean out the garage on a tuesday morning, or clean out closets on a wednesday afternoon? everyone else is at work. and how interesting is that blog going to be?

"so today . . . i cleaned out the garage. all by myself."

see? nobody is going to be excited to read that!!

i guess i could get a part-time job or even work at the school for the summer, but as much as i love you all, i am not giving up my summer vacation just so i have something to write about! (and i use the term vacation lightly, because although i do not have to go to my job, i put in some pretty long days working at home.)

but then i thought, maybe my summer will be more interesting if i am on the constant lookout for blogging material. it will keep my mind clicking along, and maybe get me out and about more than usual. maybe i will be more observant of the things around me and look for opportunities to do things that are out of the ordinary.

or maybe not. maybe i will just catch up on my sleep.

i guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. even now there are days when i do not know what i am going to write about until i sit down and write those words so today . . . so it will be interesting to see what happens . . .

but today, nothing happened.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Something did happen today.. You wrote your blog, you are alive and all is well.....What else is more important...

Jewelielyn said...

that's true! but don't think i am dead if i miss a blog one day . . . i may just be tired! :)